Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Down Syndrome
other names for this disorder are...
cause of disorder
an extra chromosome pair (#21) is passed from parent to child
Symptoms of Down Syndrome
- low muscle tone
- small stature
- slanted eyes
- estimates the chances of down syndrome throug blood test
- Amniocentesis is nearly 100% accurate in diagnosing Down Syndrome
can be inherited from either or mother
cause is unknown
Who can have Down Syndrome ?
all races, gender, and economic levels
It is the most common genetic condition
1 in 691 babies are born with Down syndrome
developmental and cognitive delays needing therapy
surgery to correct heart conditions
Living with Down Syndrome
Even with cognitive delays people with Down Syndrome can hold jobs
Due to medical advances, people with Down Syndrome are living longer lives. Life expectancy is 60 years old.
There is no cure, but with education, good homes, healthcare, and family support people with Down Syndrome can live great lives!