Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Child Abuse
What is child abuse?
Where is child abuse?
Growing in United States
Who is effected?
Children under 18
Children whose parents abuse drugs or alcohol
1962- Journal of the American Medical Association article
10 years later- Mandatory reporting laws
1974- Federal Law "Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act"
Today about 3 million cases of child abuse are reported yearly.
Caused by a parent or any adult
Started since beginning of time
Children were property of their fathers
1870- Mary Ellen Wilson
ASPCA stepped in
1874 citizens formed the New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children