Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Coronary Heart Disease
Transcript of Coronary Heart Disease
• Around one in six men and one in nine women die from heart disease.
• CHD is responsible for the death of an average 220 people each day.
• More than 25,000 people under the age of 75 in the UK died from CHD in 2010.
• There are nearly 2.7 million people living with heart disease in the UK.
• There are more than 1.6 million men and more than a million women with CHD in the UK.
• Death rates from heart disease are highest in Scotland and northern England and lowest in southern England. But what do YOU know about heart disease?
We asked people around our college some basic questions about heart disease, to find out what people really know.
The answers proved that people don't know nearly enough about heart disease.
This HAS to change. THE ANSWERS What are the causes of heart disease? If you knew how would you take the measures to prevent heart disease? Most people said Yes. The biggest killer of people in the UK is heart disease How do you prevent heart disease? High blood pressure due to high amounts of salt in the diet
Diet- saturated fat increases cholesterol levels
Smoking- carbon monoxide can damage the cells in the heart and increases blood pressure
Genetics- some types of CHD can be inherited
Exercise- lack of exercise can increase cholesterol and blood pressure
Social/environmental conditions Heart disease is caused by the blocking of the arteries due to the build up of fatty substances in the coronary arteries that supply the heart with oxygenated blood.
This is the leaflet that we showed to the people that we interviewed after they had answered our questions. We asked them to read through it and as you have just seen, everyone found the leaflet useful and informative.
Everyone we asked said that there should be more of these leaflets available for them to read. What is the biggest killer in the UK? Would you be surprised if i told you heart disease was the biggest killer? To prevent heart disease there are a few things you can do.
eat a healthy balanced diet
be more physically active
keep to a healthy weight
give up smoking
reduce your alcohol consumption
keep your blood pressure under control
keep your diabetes under control
take any medication that is prescribed to you
We got this information from the NHS website so you know that these are good effective ways to prevent it. What do you think heart disease is? "Heart disease is the term used to describe what happens when your hearts blood supply is blocked or interrupted by a build up of fatty substances in the coronary arteries."
NHS website definition Everyone said YES.