Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
LibrARy Orientation: Augmented Reality in the Library
Transcript of LibrARy Orientation: Augmented Reality in the Library
Augmented Reality in the Library
* Science: NASA/ESA
* Math: Games
* Art: Becks/NGA
* Language Arts:
* Print: Esquire
* Goal 1: Orient students to library resources and services
* Goal 2: Increase student retention of material
* Goal 3: Reach out to students beyond traditional library instruction sessions
* Goal 4: Increase "approachability" of librarians for students
How Can I Do It Myself?
* Many free AR apps
* Quick live demo of
creating with Aurasma
Thank you for coming!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:
Jovanni Lota - email@example.com
Lindsey Simard - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ali Van Doren - email@example.com
What is Augmented Reality?
* Emerging technology
- enables virtual hands-on
experience w/o actual items
* Stumbling blocks
- ease of use
- access to technology
- could be overwhelming
Jovanni Lota, Information Literacy Coordinator Librarian
Lindsey Simard, Online Instruction Librarian
Alexandra Van Doren, Web Management Librarian
Resources available upon request
UHD Summer Fast Track
* Ran our first pilot of 6 auras with 25 incoming freshmen
* Some technical difficulties
* Students were engaged
Full launch in Fall 2013 with 9-10 auras
What is AR?
Examples of AR
Would you like to experience augmented reality during our presentation?
If you have an iOS or Android device:
* install Aurasma on your device through your app store (it's free!)
* once installed, open and click the magnifying glass at the bottom
* search for UHD to find the UHD Library channel
* open the channel and click the Follow button
We'll let you know when one of our trigger images is displayed.
Our AR Project
learned so far:
* Technical difficulties
* Give yourself time to percolate
* Start simple
* Don't forget assessment
* Have fun!
What We've Learned
* First created in 1960's (AR & VR)
* 2-D becomes 3-D
* Seemingly modify environment with overlay
* Smaller, faster technology + ease of use
* Works with GPS, altitude/longitude/latitude, marker code/image
* Mostly used for education and training (ultimate visual aid)
We've been thinking about:
* Types of assessment
* Uses in other libraries
What possibilities can
For More Information: