Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Stats Intro 2 Sandro
Transcript of Stats Intro 2 Sandro
This auditorium now
represents the globe
60% of global deaths caused by NCDs
In Australia, the percentage is greater than 80%
Take a look at Type 2 Diabetes
Prediabetic & Diabetic (Adults): 25%
Prediabetic or diabetic: 50% (500M – 25x all AUS)
80% of diabetes is currently preventable
1 in 5 will experience depression this year.
Mental Health (AUS)
70% of suicides occur in world’s poorest nations.
But something can be done.
Should we choose to.
The vision of NCDFREE.
1 in 20 NCD deaths could be avoided by improving fruit and vegetable access
A tobacco-free AUS would have saved $32B in lost productivity in 2004.
And yet, NCDs already cost India the equivalent of 12.5 per cent of the nation's GDP in lost productivity
Indian Government currently spends 2% of GDP on healthcare
Healthcare costs for a person with diabetes in Vietnam can be 75% of a family's income
1 in 2 will be affected by depression or anxiety.
280 new cases today.
Imagine the possibilities...
Twice what we spent on tertiary education.