Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Superstitions from the Renaissance
Transcript of Superstitions from the Renaissance
The Renaissance period is loosely associated with Europe from the fourteenth to seventeenth centuries. Lots of people in the Renaissance era shared a common belief in ghosts, spirits, witches, luck charms, and the effect astrology has on their lives.
Ghosts and Spirits
And for them to finish it, they would visit the living in similar forms of what they used to look like before they died. However, their ghost/spirit form is more worn-out and a tad bit more scary looking. People thought that God sometimes allowed bad spirits to be destructive on parts of the world and life.
- You can break a bad luck spell by turning seven times in a clockwise circle
- Crossing your fingers helps to avoid bad luck and helps a wish come true.
Burckhardt, Jacob. "Superstitions of the Renaissance: Stars, Animals, and Spirits, Oh My!" Superstitions of the Renaissance: Stars, Animals, and Spirits, Oh My! Emerson Media, 26 May 2008. Web. 06 May 2015.
"Common Superstitions." Superstition Bash. Committee for Skeptical Inquiry, n.d. Web. 06 May 2015.
Maughan, Jennifer. "The History Of Common Renaissance Superstitions." Life123. An IAC Company, n.d. Web. 06 May 2015.
People in the Renaissance era shared a common belief that witches brought people to the devil. They believed that they mixed potions, turned into animals, and caused mischief. As this belief went on and the belief in Black Magic became more popular, people thought that by using the magic, they could enter relationships with evil spirits to fulfill their wants.
The Renaissance people tend to fear and blame many supernatural beings for everything. They believed Ghosts were spirits that could not rest until they completed their unfinished business.
- Smell dandelions, wet the bed.
- When a dog howls, death is near.
- A cricket in the house brings good luck.
- A beginner will always have good luck: beginner's luck.
By Houda Hashem