Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Waveform Capnography and ACLS
Transcript of Waveform Capnography and ACLS
measurement of CO2
ET tube placement
ET tube placement.
3. Evaluate effectiveness of compressions.
4. Detect ROSC.
ROSC = Return of Spontaneous Circulation.
I feel a pulse!
"If the PETCO2 is <10 mm Hg during CPR,
it is reasonable to try to improve chest compressions."
Uses disposable tubing that
the ET tube and the bag.
Can also be used to monitor CO2 levels in
patients who are breathing spontaneously.
Measures Exhaled CO2
"Sudden and sustained increase is consistent with substantial improvement in blood flow."
Notice that the capnograph wave
correspondes to exhalation.
Optimal is 35-40 mm Hg
of exhaled CO2
What is required in order for there to be gas exchange in the lungs?
Useful in Procedural Sedation
Pulse oximetry v. CO2
Immdiate v. minutes