Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
AFFIXES: Prefix, Suffix, Root
Transcript of AFFIXES: Prefix, Suffix, Root
Word Analysis & Vocabulary
Know abstract, derived roots and affixes from Greek and Latin and
Use this knowledge to analyze the meaning of complex words.
A root is a set of letters that have meaning.
It is the most basic form . Affixes are added to the root
to create a new word
The Prefix is a letter or group of letters added to the beginning of a word. It often changes the meaning.
The root retro means “back/past”
can mean “to
IE: It gives a word it's meaning.
A suffix is letters or a group of letters added to the end
of a word. Often changes the part of speech (N, V, Adj, Adv)
beauty (n) +
happy (adj) +
create (v) +
time (n) +
*Roots can appear more than once,
and anywhere in the word:
wanting to join others
spect- to see
(o)logy- they study of
duct- to lead/take
PRACTICE BREAKING IT DOWN...