Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Video Game Character Artist
Transcript of Video Game Character Artist
Graphic Design and Character Modeling
Graphic Designers have many career options, but not everyone realizes their important roles in video game development.
They can come up with land scape, object, and character designs. This presentation focuses on the Video Game Character Artist.
ITT Technical Institute
The Art Institute Online
The Art Institutes
Examples: The Last of Us
The Last of Us is a Playstation 3 exclusive developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Computer Entertainment released June 14, 2013. It includes stunning graphics and realistic characters.
Steps to Creating a Video Game Character
1. Draw out concept ideas. These are usually quick pencil sketches with color study.
2. Once you create a design you and/or your employers are happy with, Create a Final Concept Drawing. Full color and attention to detail are required in this drawing, unlike the Concept Ideas.
3. Now that you have created a Final Design for your character, you can make a simple 3D Model. This will only be the base for your character. To shape the form, you use polygons, which are triangles or other geometric shapes.
4. Once you have created your base, add Texture.
5. Your job is done! Programmers will now take your model and make it move.
Servant Grunt © Frictional Games
What they do
When working with character design, Graphic designers work with textures, 3D Models, or both.
Texture is a picture that you wrap around your model to make it look as real or unreal as you need.
Texture on the 3D Model.
Pay and Hours
Video Game Designers earn $25,000 and $40,000 a year, and work between 50 and 70 hours a week..
Character artists should know how to use modeling and animating software and formal training in Fine and Graphic Arts. Those with Bachelor's Degrees are more likely to be hired.
Naughty Dog is accepting Concept Artists, among many others open jobs.
Rockstar Games is looking for Illustrators.
Mainly an office setting, sometimes at home or even on vacation.