Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Movement of the Moon
Transcript of Movement of the Moon
The moon is earth’s satellite and the earth is a satellite of the sun.
The length of one Moon day is about the same amount of time as the length of one Earth day.
The moon rotates on its axis and revolves around the earth.
It takes the moon 27.3 days to rotate.
When observing the moon, there are different phases.
The moon seems to shine because its surface reflects sunlight.
The moon’s lighted surface is daylight on the moon and the dark portion is nighttime on the moon.
The length of one moon day is about the same amount of time as the length of one Earth day.
It takes about 29.5 days for the moon to complete its cycle of phases.
When the moon moves directly between the sun and earth and casts it shadow over part of earth.
When earth’s shadow falls on the moon.
What do you know about the Moon?
Total Lunar Eclipse
Partial Lunar Eclipse
A partial lunar eclipse occurs when only a portion of the moon moves into the earth’s umbra.
When the moon is completely in the umbra.
A penumbral lunar eclipse occurs when the moon is totally within earth’s penumbra.