Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Biology 08-22-2016
August 22nd, 2016
Class Activity 3
Some Common Biological Compounds and Molecules
Complete the following in your notes:
1) Identify the 3 types of subatomic particles and their charges.
2) Draw a model of a neutral Carbon atom using the following information:
Chemical Bonding Overview
1) What are the two major types of chemical bonding?
2) Which of the subatomic particles participates the most in chemical bonding?
3) Explain the major difference between an ionic and a covalent bond.
4) For each of the following, identify if the molecule or compound is ionic or covalent:
a) Water (H2O)
b) Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
c) Sodium Chloride (NaCl/Table Salt)
d) Oxygen Gas (O2)
3) How many electrons does a Hydrogen atom with a charge of +1 (cation) have?
Quiz 1 Corrections