Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Poetic Devices, Love the way you lie.
Transcript of Poetic Devices, Love the way you lie.
25. Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
26. But that's alright because I like the way it hurts
27. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
28. But that's alright because I love the way you lie
29. I love the way you lie
30. I love the way you lie Verse - Eminem:
31. You ever love somebody so much you can barely breathe
32. When you're with 'em
33. You meet and neither one of you even know what hit 'em
34. Got that warm fuzzy feeling
35. Yeah, them chills you used to get 'em
36. Now you're getting fu***** sick of looking at 'em
37. You swore you'd never hit 'em; never do nothing to hurt 'em
38. Now you're in each other's face spewing venom in your words when you spit them
39. You push, pull each other's hair, scratch, claw, hit 'em
40. Throw 'em down, pin 'em
41. So lost in the moments when you're in them Verse - Emiem:
42. It's the rage that took over it controls you both
43. So they say you're best to go your separate ways
44. Guess if they don't know you 'cause today that was yesterday
45. Yesterday is over, it's a different day
46. Sound like broken records playing over but you promised her
47. Next time you show restraint
48. You don't get another chance
49. Life is no Nintendo game
50. But you lied again
51. Now you get to watch her leave out the window
52. Guess that's why they call it window pane.
- Chorus - Verse - Eminem:
59. Now I know we said things, did things that we didn't mean
60. And we fall back into the same patterns, same routine
61. But your temper's just as bad as mine is
62. You're the same as me
63. But when it comes to love you're just as blinded
64. Baby, please come back
65. It wasn't you, baby it was me
66. Maybe our relationship isn't as crazy as it seems
67. Maybe that's what happens when a tornado meets a volcano Verse - Eminem:
68. All I know is I love you too much to walk away though
69. Come inside, pick up your bags off the sidewalk
70. Don't you hear sincerity in my voice when I talk
71. Told you this is my fault
72. Look me in the eyeball
73. Next time I'm pissed, I'll lay my fist at the drywall
74. Next time? There won't be no next time!
75. I apologize even though I know its lies
76. I'm tired of the games I just want her back
77. I know I'm a liar
78. If she ever tries to fu***** leave again
79. Im'a tie her to the bed and set this house on fire
80. I'm just gonna Intro - Rihanna:
1. Just gonna’ stand there and watch me burn
2. But that's alright because I like the way it hurts
3. Just gonna’ stand there and hear me cry
4. But that's alright because I love the way you lie
5. I love the way you lie Poetic Devices:
1. Metaphor, hyperbole – watch me burn.
2. Irony – I like the way it hurts.
4. Irony – I love the way you lie.
5. Irony – I love the way you lie. Verse - Eminem:
6. I can't tell you what it really is
7. I can only tell you what it feels like
8. And right now it's a steel knife in my windpipe
9. I can't breathe but I still fight while I can fight
10. As long as the wrong feels right it's like I'm in flight
11. High off a love, drunk from my hate,
12. It's like I'm huffing paint and I love it the more I suffer, I suffocate
13. And right before I'm about to drown, she resuscitates me
14. She fu***** hates me and I love it.
15. Wait! Where you going?
16. "I'm leaving you"
17. No you ain't. Come back we're running right back.
18. Here we go again
19. It's so insane cause when it's going good, it's going great
20. I'm Superman with the wind at his back, she's Lois Lane
21. But when it's bad it's awful, I feel so ashamed I snapped
22. Who's that dude? I don't even know his name
23. I laid hands on her, I'll never stoop so low again
24. I guess I don't know my own strength Poetic Devices:
8. Metaphor – steel knife in my windpipe.
9. Hyperbole – I can’t breathe.
Paradox - I can't breathe but I still fight.
Internal Rhyme – Fight, fight.
10. Paradox - … as the wrong feels right.
Simile – it’s like I’m in a flight.
Pure Rhyme – Fight and flight.
11. Metaphor - high off a love.
drunk from my hate.
12. Simile - It's like I'm huffing paint.
Irony - I love it the more I suffer.
Pure Rhyme – Hate and suffocate.
13. Hyperbole - she resuscitates me.
14. Irony – She hates me and I love it.
20. Metaphor – I’m Superman
She’s Lois Lane. Poetic Devices:
25. Metaphor, hyperbole – watch me burn.
26. Irony – I like the way it hurts.
28. Irony – I love the way you lie.
29. Irony – I love the way you lie.
30. Irony – I love the way you lie. Poetic Devices:
31. Hyperbole - … you can barely breathe.
34. Metaphor - warm fuzzy feeling.
36. Hyperbole, metaphor – Sick of looking at ‘em.
38. Metaphor – Spewing venom. Poetic Devices:
42. Personification - the rage that took over it controls you both.
43. Alliteration – So, say and separate.
44. Alliteration – They, today and that.
46. Simile - Sound like broken records.
49. Metaphor – Life is no Nintendo Game Poetic Devices:
59. Eye Rhyme – Said, did.
61. Simile - … as bad as mine is.
62. Simile – Same as me.
63. Simile - … you're just as blinded.
66. Simile - isn't as crazy as it seems.
67. Personification - tornado meets a volcano. Poetic Devices:
68. Hyperbole – All I know.
69, 70. Pure Rhyme – Sidewalk and talk.
79. Assonance – Her, bed, set. Credits: Lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eminem/lovethewayyoulie.html Written by: Eminem (Marshall Mathers), A. Grant and H. Hafferman. Artists: Eminem ft. Rihanna Album: Recovery Copyright Year: 2010