Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Fans: Myth & Reality
Transcript of Fans: Myth & Reality
out of touch with reality
no romantic relationships
(or chances at one)
fantasy life better than real one
position of weakness in cultural discussions
voice of the "other"
reliant on others
fan = fanatic
"the fan in the attic"
want to be insiders
"insiders" level same critiques as "outsiders"
are fans in the mainstream now?
Do you see fandom as Stanfill suggests? As both "fans and non-fans looking at fans through a mainstream, stereotyped lens"?
Fans see other fans as:
1. Overestimating the importance of a show
2. Unreasonably consumeristic
3. Devoting their lives to worthless knowledge
4. Out of touch with reality
5. Social misfits
6. Infantile/emotionally + intellecutally immature
7. Feminized and/or desexualized