Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Religious Knowledge Claims
Transcript of Religious Knowledge Claims
- Attempts to explain the meaning and purpose of life
- Difficult to use human language to describe the divine importance of analogy, language shifts (oral to written)
- Argumentation, interpretation, sense perception, value of faith
- Impact of scientific knowledge, language developments
Links to personal knowledge
- Understanding of the self, emotional element, attitudes and behaviors towards others, important people: Muhammed, Dalai Lama, MLK
What religion is our TOK class?
Answers to Fundamental Questions about the Meaning and Purpose of Human Life
Incorporates a diverse range of different beliefs and systems;
varieties of theism, pantheism, and polytheism
One true religion or different religions that reflect the same underlying truth
Has both a shared and personal dimension and offers a concrete context to explore the links between the two
What is the difference between religious feelings, religious beliefs and religious faith?
Is it possible to know God?
Are religious beliefs reasonable?
Is faith irrational?
Where do religious beliefs come from?
Can you think of any evidence which would convince you that God doesn't exist?
What is the value of thinking about questions to which there are no definite answers?
How do e decide between the competing claims of different religious knowledge systems?
Religious Knowledge Systems
How do we decide between the competing claims of different religious knowledge systems?
Can there ever be a basis for religious knowledge that is independent of the culture that produces it?
Is atheism as much a matter of faith as religious belief?
Things to Keep in Mind
Discussions about religion should be had with caution because of sensitivity
Religion has a major impact on your understanding of the world
Influences their thinking and other AOK
The backdrop to all knowledge
Examples of Possible Topics of Study
Arguments for and against the existence of God
Religious experiences and miracles
A loosely defined expression concerning acceptance of various religions
Religious Knowledge Systems
By: Caroline Rothschild and Jennifer Brandenburg