Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Leonardo Da Vinci
Transcript of Leonardo Da Vinci
the important role he played in the history of the
renaissance. When you think about leaders, you would normally think of someone organizing events or a group
of people. Leonardo da Vinci would actually fit that
description very well. Except he led everyone
indirectly. He led by example and everyone followed
creating the renaissance movement. Unlike most leaders, people skills are not what
made him successful. He required mostly his artistic skills. Early life Leonardo Da Vinci was born in Vinci; a town in Tuscany
Italy on April 15, 1452. His father was a notary by the
name of Ser Piero da Vinci and his mother Caterina was a
simple peasant. Mona Lisa The Last Supper Leonardo's sketches He developed his love of nature while living in the Tuscan countryside as a boy He moved to Florence when he was only 17 and he impressed the artist Verrocchio who took Leonardo as an apprentice What has he accomplished? Leonardo da Vinci has accomplished an huge amount in his life time. As well as being the artist of the most famous painting in the world, he also created machines and made scientific discoveries that were centuries ahead of his time. What skills did he posses? Skills:
communication Leonardo da Vinci's first
painting. He helped his master
Verrocchio by painting the angels
on the left The town of Vinci where
Leonardo was born. Design for a tank Examples of skills: Conflict resolution: if an invention didn't work, he would need to figure out a way to fix it. Problem Solving: same as conflict resolution. decision making: when he needs to decide how to create a certain thing/solve a certain problem art
carpentry the skills to be such a successful artist/inventor
metal work communication: demonstrated in his books. His communication is more writen than verbal. This skill helps him explain his discoveries/inventions. Leadership Traits 1) Emotional Stability
8) Creativity What is his leadership style? Leonardo da vinci is not the typical, formal leader. He leads by motivating and inspiring his peers and basically everyone else in the entire world. Considering this, I think that it is very hard to put him in a category because he never lead anyone directly. But he was a teacher and mentor, so he could be a democratic leader. What qualities does a good leader have? First and foremost, a good leader must have good communication skills as well as being very confidant. Good communication will insure that everyone in the group knows whats happening and how to accomplish a task. Confidence helps because with it, it will be easier to trust the leader and accept them. It also helps boost the confidence of others in the group. Good leaders need to also be organized because otherwise, everyone would be sitting around not knowing what to do and nothing would get done. To handle a larger group, patience is especially necessary. when working with lots of people, you need to keep your cool because most of the time, there are a couple people in the group that wont listen at first. but if you have a freakout, you will lose the respect of the group. What skills do leaders need? Leaders need good listening skills to accept and adapt to the needs and wants of other members.
Being a good problem solver helps overcome problems in a group quickly and to the liking of everyone else.
Keeping a positive approach to everything will help keep the group motivated and will help you to think clearly.
Leading by example means that you set the standard of behavior and commitment so that everyone feels compelled to act the same. It is the best description of Da Vinci. By inventing and painting such famous pieces, he inspired and motivated everyone else. What makes an effective and positive leader? An effective and positive leader is someone who has a positive, up beat attitude(obviously). They are always cheerful and energized which will put everyone e;so in the group in a good mood as well. Also, an effective leader will be able to connect at a personal level with every member so that they feel welcome. Organization is a key factor to insure that stuff actually gets done and everyone does their part. Who did Leonardo da Vinci lead? Leonardo da Vinci was by far the most influential person of the renaissance. He motivated and inspired many other aspiring inventors and artists with his work. But his leadership didn't stop after his death. Many people to this day use his ideas to create and improve many complex machines. Hierarchy of Leadership Verrocchio (Da Vinci's master) Leonardo Da Vinci (the one and only) His students (Gian Giacomo Caprotti da Oreno, Marco d'Oggione, Boltraffio, Francesco Melzi) The rest of the world in his time and today How did he deal with conflict? The church: In the renaissance, the Catholic church was the most wealthy and influencial power. It is also said that this is where science originated. Leonardo da vinci contributed to the revolt against the religious restrictions on knowledge as well as the return to greek
philosophy. Da Vinci never gave up his willingness to study nature.
He took great care when studying nature in the hopes of including key elements into his art and his inventions.