Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Unit summary
Example of a histogram and frequency table
-Also known as the average
Formula: total sum of data / total no. of data
-Also known as the middle number
There are two ways we can get the median of a set of numbers. The two ways are applied respectively when there is an even set of no.s and when there is an odd set of no.s
When there is an even set of no.s
When there is an odd set of no.s
- Also known as modal <insert variable--amount/km/kg>. or the number that occurs most frequently
Example 1: (there is 1 mode)
1, 2, 3, 3
Most frequent no. = 3
Mode = 3
Example 2: (there are 2 modes)
1, 2, 2, 3, 3
Most frequent no.s = 2 and 3
Mode = 2 and 3 (this is called bi-modal distribution)
Example 3: (there is no mode :D)
1, 2, 3, 4
There is no most frequent no. as each no. appears one time only. Therefore, there is no mode.
- mode cannot be determined exactly, but we can identify the class which corresponds to the highest frequency as the modal class
Formula for finding the mean
Mean and mode of a grouped data
- basically the middle value (median) of each class interval
Table for finding out the mean of a grouped data
Workings for finding the mean in grouped data
Mean weight of students
= 845 ÷ 17
= 49.7 kg (correct to 3 s.f.)
Final answer must have units!
Note: label the axes and the title in pen, the only thing that is to be done in pencil is the drawing of the bars
- constructed to display the information given in a frequency table
- a vertical bar graph with no gaps in between the bars
- the area of each bar is proportional to the frequency it represents
Maths unit summary group G
image adapted from: www.glittergraphics.org