Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
English ACT Prep
Transcript of English ACT Prep
- you will have approximately 36
seconds or less per question
You'll be tested:
- for 45 minutes
- in 2 areas
- Usage/Mechanics= punctuation, grammar, sentence structure
- Rhetorical Skills= strategy, organization, and style
- with questions related to the passage or paragraph as a whole, and also with questions related to just a single sentence
SET UP for ENGLISH
- 5 passages of text approximately 40 lines long
- underlined portions for evaluations
- about 15 questions per passage
- 5 passages X 15 questions= 75 questions total
- 4 answer choices per question
- nearly 1/5 of ACT English Questions are correct as written
- Consider the choice "NO CHANGE" every single time
- Once in a while "OMIT the underlined portion" will be a choice
- 25% of the time this will be the correct choice, when it's offered
Don't Make a New Error
- be careful not to choose an answer that causes a new,
- be sure to only view indents as new paragraphs (the added spaces in this section can sometimes make us think there are more paragraphs that there really are)
Don't Change Every Answer
Separate Tough From Easy
- Answer the easy questions first
- you get just as many points for the easy ones as the hard
- go back to the harder questions if time permits