Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MY FAVOURITE SNACK: YOGURT
Transcript of MY FAVOURITE SNACK: YOGURT
MICRO AND MACROMOLECULES
(NUTRIENTS AND MINERALS)
- 1 gram of fibre found this brand of yogurt
- goes through the large intestine and is excreted
- excellent stool softener + absorbs a large amount of water which cleans out the large intestine
- deficiencies and disorders without fibre: constipation, high blood pressure, diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular disease
- there is 7 grams in one serving of Danone Silhouette yogurt
-has a high sugar content which will give immediate energy to the body
- absorption in mouth with salivary amylase enzyme and in the small intestine + made into simple glucose and pumped through the body
- necessary for energy + prevents muscle tissue breakdown
- some disorders without carbohydrates are: low blood sugar, Hypoglycemia, Ketosis, and Weight Gain
- 4 grams of protein yogurt
- performs wide range of functions for body and molecules (hormones)
- digested and absorbed through the stomach by protease and made into amino acids
- without proteins; numerous functions that depend on protein (hemoglobin, antibodies, hormones etc...) will be insufficient
- some diseases and deficiencies without protein are; Marasmus, Kwashiorkor, Protein C & S deficiency, Cachexia
NOT FOUND IN YOGURT
There are two essential nutrients not found in yogurt which are iron and fat.
Do not rely on yogurt if there is a lack of fats or iron in diet
- iron is essential for getting oxygen around the body (hemoglobin) when there is a lack of it, it could cause anemia
- though fat is seen as bad it is needed for the body to function properly, helps manage moods, and keeps you mentally alert; this is from monounsaturated fats(olive oil) and polyunsaturated fats (fatty fish)
Vitamins and minerals
All other vitamins and minerals can be found you yogurt though none are above 10% in this brand
-Vitamin D, calcium, & phosphorus minerals found most commonly in yogurt
- prevents tooth and bone decay,
-keeps regular heart beat, the blood flow
- calcium: part is absorbed in the small intestine by the villi and the rest is excreted
- Vitamin D: absorbed into bones + rest is excreted through the kidneys
Vitamin D disorders: vitamin d deficiency, rickets (in children), osteomalacia (in adults)
Phosphorus disorders: phosphorus deficiency
Calcium disorders: calcium deficiency
-from serving of yogurt there is 195kJ of energy
- though it does not give such energy it is quite useful for the body as it can actually assist in preventing diarrhea
- it is well rounded and gives many nutrients which are needed for the body
- in conclusion yogurt is a wholesome snack to help the body