Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Maria from The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
Transcript of Maria from The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
Doesn't speak much
Obeys the family without a second thought
Bruno's dad doesn't like Maria
She is timid and shy
She knows her place in the house Character What other characters think about Maria Bruno's dad doesn't like Maria as he is mean to her, but he feels that he has to keep her.
Maria and Gretel don't have much interaction with each other
What do you think Lieutenant Kotler thought about her? Maria and Bruno's relationship Bruno always saw Maria as part of the family; he never really questioned it, he accepted her easily.
Bruno is kinder to Maria than Gretel
Bruno sees Maria as someone he could trust and approach easily.
Maria has a motherly-like relationship with Bruno
What else do you think? Huh? Huh? Look at this image of Maria. They have made her look very kind in the movie. Why do you think they have done this? What effect does it have on the audience? By Rauha Firaq, Jena Hinge, YuXin Tang & Eashan Patel Maria And that concludes our lesson on Maria
Thanks for listening and we hope you now
have a new perspective on subtle characters
like Maria! Activity - What do you think the book and movie would be like without Maria?
Try and act out a scene that normally has Maria in it, but this time, leave Maria out! You have 1 minute! GO! Quiz - How old do you think Maria is?
- Do you think Maria likes working for Bruno's family?
- Is Maria forced to work for Bruno's family?
- Do you think Maria would leave if she could?
- This is based on a true story, so do you think Maria was a real character?