Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Rob Parson at Morgan Stanley
Transcript of Rob Parson at Morgan Stanley
Services 4 characteristics of professionals Paul Nars Senior
Director identyfied differences
of MS from others companies saw a weakness Rob Parson Market
Professional interpersonal problems;
strong revenue producer promotion system „"up or out“ he can still be permanent professional ¿QUESTION? Career development means to achieve company's goals through career management process, but also the employee's goals in the best way possible.
Evaluation and development summary strengths performance objectives professional development goals career goals promotion committee Option to create his own team Some he has already worked with or to organize external recruitment evaluation also by the committee
assessment centers and job simulationscomplete freedom in decision making Spending time with his team even outside the workplace 3 basic problems: 1. difficulty adjusting to the MS culture
2. interpersonal problems
3. violated MS norms Promotion 360 Degree
(low) postpone his promotion ORIENTATION to company's
culture/norms Paul Nars as Rob's mentor
1. Changing attitudes about the involvement of employees
2. Improving abilities to communicate
3. Using better judgement on decisions development courses on: Assessment center
to promote him or not Summary: Ron won't be fired Problems with organizational culture -
Paul Nars will be his mentor
Job orientation Opportunity to create his own team
Changes in CMS norms Training & development