Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Egyptian Pyramids
Which pharaoh built the first
The pharaoh that built the first pyramid was the
egyptian pharaoh Khufu and was constructed over
a 20 year period.
The Egyptians built the pyramids as tombs for their kings and queens. Egyptians believed that if the pharaoh's body was mummified after death they would live forever. The tombs were built to protect the buried Pharaoh's body and his belongings.
What makes the Pyramid of Giza one of the seven wonders of the world ?
The Pyramid of Giza
is considered one of the seven wonders of the world is because it is a marvel of human engineering and construction, and its sheer size and scale built within in the last few hundred years.
- There is so much stone mass in the pyramid that the interior temperature is constant equal earth, 20 Degrees Celsius (68 Degrees Fahrenheit) .
- The base of the pyramid covers 55,000m2 (592,000 ft2) with each side greater than 20,000m2 (218,000ft) in area.
- There are no hieroglyphics or writing in the great pyramid.
- The four faces of the Pyramid of Giza are slightly concave, the only pyramid to have been built this way.
- The length of the base is 9131 Pyramid Inches from corner to corner in a straight line.