Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Purposes of research in the creative media industries
Transcript of Purposes of research in the creative media industries
consumption of the particular part of the media you are studying.” List three reasons for research: What are the main reasons for research in the media industries? Audience research
Awareness, profiling, demographics, etc.
Competition, opportunities, threats, advertising, etc.
Budget, personnel, locations, clearances, etc. List four research methods: What are the main research methods? Primary
Qualitative List some potential sources of research Sources of research Print materials (books, journals, magazines, etc.) Website hits Research organisations Surveys/ questionnaires Reviews/ critiques List three reasons why research is so important to the media industries: So why research? To anticipate and meet the audience’s needs To understand the market and possible competition To effectively plan ahead of production