Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Little Red Riding Hood
Transcript of Little Red Riding Hood
The classic tale of Little Red Riding Hood with a psychological twist...
Terms and Concepts
Paranoid personality disorder
- an unwarranted tendency to interpret the actions of other people as deliberately threatening or demeaning. It is manifested by an omnipresent sense of distrust and unjustified suspicion that yields persistent misinterpretation of others' intentions as being malicious
Dependent personality disorder
- a pervasive and excessive need to be taken care of that leads to a submissive and clinging behavior as well as fears of separation
- a personality type that tends to feel the needs to smoke, bite their nails or eat constantly, they are also found to be very dependent on others
- a psychological defense mechanism where one reverts back to a childlike stage due to stress or other factors
- progressive loss of cognitive function, marked by memory problems and confused thinking
- an anxiety disorder in which people have repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), or behaviors that make them feel driven to do something (compulsions)
- an approach to psychology advocated by some that emphasizes feelings and emotions and the better understanding of the self in terms of observation of oneself and one's relations with others
Antisocial personality disorder
- a personality disorder in which the person (usually a man) exhibits a lack of conscience for wrongdoing, even toward friends and family members. May be aggressive and ruthless or a clever con artist
therapy that applies learning principles to the elimination of unwanted behaviors
- empathic listening in which the listener echoes, restates, and clarifies. A feature of Roger's client-centered therapy
- a humanistic therapy, developed by Carl Rogers, in which the therapist uses techniques such as active listening within a genuine, accepting, empathic environment to facilitate client's growth
- A substance containing no medication and prescribed or given to reinforce a patient's expectation to get well
Little Red- is treated with behavior therapy through classical conditioning in order to learn that the Wolf is not a bad guy, he was just in a bad place
Grandma- is treated with a placebo drug that the Axeman told her will “make her dementia go away and help with her dependency”, she easily believes it because she's old and gullible
The Wolf- is treated through active listening, this way he is able to divulge why he stalked Little Red, this way the Axeman could get a better understanding of his behavior
Psychology Seventh Edition in Modules, Meyers
Lily Capehart & Taylor Olejniczak
A young woman who takes care of her grandmother. She develops
paranoid personality disorder
after she encounters the wolf in the woods. Her symptoms show in the story by he constant worrying about seeing the wolf again and what he would do to her if he were to find her.
Little Red's sweet old grandmother. She has
and must depend on Little Red to deliver food and other goods to her. Grandma is
on her. She lives deep in the woods by herself and does not know anyone in the area.
Little Red's stalker who lives in the woods and has been watching her deliver food to her grandmother. He has
and can't keep Little Red out of his head. He will do anything to get to her, including dress up as her grandmother.
doctor in this tale, different from the original he does not chop the wolf in half, he instead treats each character so they can live in harmony.