Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Patient # 3
Transcript of Patient # 3
Made by: Ilham, marisol, sam & luigi
A woman brings her 10-year-old son, Raymond, in to see you. He’s been overly aggressive and angry lately, but she has attributed this to her divorce from Raymond’s father. Last night, Raymond attended a party at his friend’s house. After a night of laser tag and little sleep, Raymond started shaking and convulsing. He stopped before his mom arrived, but she still wanted to get him checked out. Raymond does not really remember falling to the floor, but he does remember that he smelled a very unpleasant odor right before he went down.
Frontal lobe-Overly aggressive & angry, and doesn't remember falling to the floor.
Cerebellum- started shaking and convulsing
Hypothalamus-before falling smelled unpleasant order before going out).
Some warning signs may include:
Odd feelings, often indescribable
Unusual smells, tastes, or feelings
Periods of forgetfulness or memory lapses
Jerking movements of an arm, leg, or body
Tingling, numbness or feelings of electricity in part of the body
West Nile virus
epilepsy is a nervous system disorder result in
seizures/shaking & convulsing
loss of consciousness
anger & aggression
children are placed on a special diet to help prevent seizures. The most popular one is the ketogenic diet.
nervous system disorder
• Complete and neurological exam of strength, reflexes, eyesight, hearing, and ability of senses.
• EEG (electroencephalogram) electrical impulses of the brain.
• Blood tests- to measure red and white blood cell counts, blood sugar, blood calcium, electrolyte levels.
Diagnosing Epilepsy." Web MD. Web MD, 2012. Web. 09 Jan. 2014.
"Epilepsy: Diagnosis & Tests." Web MD. Web MD, 2005. Web. 07 Jan. 2014.
"Epilepsy." Medical Information. Drug Information Online, 30 Dec. 2013. Web. 10 Jan. 2014.
Schachter, Steven C., and Patricia O. Shafer. "Warning Signs of Seizures." Warning Signs of Seizures | Epilepsy.com. Epliespy Foundation, 25 May 2007. Web. 10 Jan. 2014.
Neurologist- responsible for detecting,
treating patients with neurological disorders.
care provider because they offer everyday care to the patients.
Neurodiagnostic tech- Analyze and monitor nervous system.
Get better quality of life by for as long facts for diagnosis.