Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Atmosphere
Transcript of Copy of Atmosphere
3.Evaporation and transpiration change liquid water into vapor which ascends into the atmosphere because of rising air currents. Cooler temperatures let the vapor condense into clouds which are moved around the world by strong winds. Eventually the water falls as precipitation. Precipitation is responsible for most of the Earth's fresh water. The clouds reflect sunlight and retain heat near the Earth's surface. The water cycle is the reason for precipitation.
Air Movement On Earth
1. The tilt of the Earth puts some latitudes closer to the sun that others giving them different amounts of solar energy.
3. The Cause of global winds has to do with the shift and turns of the earth. The combination of pressure belt and the coriolis effects also contributes to global winds
The coriolis effect deflects airflow and as a result the wind.
by Amanda Briney
2. Gases, solids and liquids are found in Earth's atmosphere. The atmosphere is divided into layers. The layers are:
Troposphere: Where our weather occurs
Stratosphere: Contains ozone, which protects us for the sun
Mesosphere: Middle layer, see shooting stars in this layer
Ionosphere: Charged particle layers, Can help with radio frequencies
Thermosphere: Layer that is hot and thick.
Exosphere: Outer layer before the outer space. Space shuttle's run here.
3. Air pressure is caused by the push of air against its surroundings. The closer to Earth's surface that you get, the more pressure. Upper layer of troposphere the air molecules spread out. Less gravitational pull and not as many molecules packing them down.
4. The troposphere is the layer closest to the Earth. This is where all the weather happens.
The stratosphere is where jet aircraft fly and
where the ozone layer is located.
The mesosphere is where meteors or rock
fragments burn up.
Thermosphere is a layer with auroras. It is
also where the space shuttle orbits the Earth.
The exosphere is where the atmosphere and
space come together.
In the troposphere air is the warmest toward the bottom and it gets colder towards the top of the troposphere. The stratosphere is very dry and has few clouds. The higher you go up in the mesosphere the temperature gets colder and colder. The top of the mesosphere is around -90 degrees Celsius which is -130 degrees Fahrenheit!! Solar activity strongly influences temperature in the thermosphere. The region where the atoms and molecules escape into space. This layer is called the exosphere.
4. The polar jet stream forms by great temperature differences between adjacent air masses. Sea breezes form when cooler air from above the water moves over the land forcing the heated less dense air above the land to rise. Land breezes form when cooler, denser air from the land forces up the warmer air over the sea. Their effect on the weather is that the cause the winds that can cause things to fall over like trees. They also determine how fast the wind can blow and how hard the wind can blow.
1. It is used to control the climate of the
atmosphere , it enables life to thrive. The Sun
puts out vitamin K. Ask.com
2.Convection is the process of transference of heat
by warmed matter. Conduction involves the transfer of heat energy with the particles of specific matter. Radiation takes place through space without regard to matter, it is process that utilizes electromagnetic waves. Ask.com
5. The ozone layer protects the whole Earth from ultraviolet radiation that comes from the sun. Ozone is a special form of oxygen . It is made by ultraviolet radiation. We meed the ozone layer to protect us from the sun.
1. The gases are nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and a little oxygen. Solids, liquids, and gases make up the atmosphere. The atmosphere protects us from the sun, without it we wouldn't be alive.
4. Its unique because the Atmosphere
has a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen and other gases.