Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Hyphens
Online Quiz through Google Docs
Hyphens - Tiny but Important
Examples of Hyphens
The Grammar Rule
A Way To Remember...
How to use a hyphen...
There are seven ways to use a hyphen:
1. Joining two adjectives to create only one adjective in front of a noun
2. To join compound numbers
3. To prevent confusion or unusual combinations of letters
4. After a prefix
5. Before a suffix
6. Dividing words into syllables
7. Line Breaks
Sixty five years old
BrainPOP. Perf. Tim and Moby. BrainPOP. BrainPOP, 1999-2013. Web. 22 Sept. 2013. <http://www.brainpop.com/english/
Conrey, Sean M., and Karl Stolley. "Welcome to the Purdue OWL." Purdue OWL Search Page. The Writing Lab & The OWL at
Purdue and Purdue University, 7 June 2013. Web. 18 Sept. 2013.
Fogarty, Mignon, and Erwin Haya. Grammar Girl Presents the Ultimate Writing Guide for Students. New York: Henry Holt
and, 2011. Print.
"Hyphens." Prentice Hall Writing and Grammar. Communication in Action. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson/Prentice Hall,
2001. 169-70. Print.
The way the show was performed was a real eye-opener.
One-third of our class are girls.
I didn't have any long-term plans for my future.
The group of people were very open-minded and accepted our ways.
By: Cynthia Fu, Megan Nguyen, and Regina Ye
The Hyphen Song
We connect adjectives
Numbers and fractions too
Before a suffix
And after a prefix
Syallble dividing and line breaks
Also preventing confusion too
To the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands"