Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hyphens
Online Quiz through Google Docs
Hyphens - Tiny but Important
Examples of Hyphens
The Grammar Rule
A Way To Remember...
How to use a hyphen...
There are seven ways to use a hyphen:
1. Joining two adjectives to create only one adjective in front of a noun
2. To join compound numbers
3. To prevent confusion or unusual combinations of letters
4. After a prefix
5. Before a suffix
6. Dividing words into syllables
7. Line Breaks
Sixty five years old
BrainPOP. Perf. Tim and Moby. BrainPOP. BrainPOP, 1999-2013. Web. 22 Sept. 2013. <http://www.brainpop.com/english/
Conrey, Sean M., and Karl Stolley. "Welcome to the Purdue OWL." Purdue OWL Search Page. The Writing Lab & The OWL at
Purdue and Purdue University, 7 June 2013. Web. 18 Sept. 2013.
Fogarty, Mignon, and Erwin Haya. Grammar Girl Presents the Ultimate Writing Guide for Students. New York: Henry Holt
and, 2011. Print.
"Hyphens." Prentice Hall Writing and Grammar. Communication in Action. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson/Prentice Hall,
2001. 169-70. Print.
The way the show was performed was a real eye-opener.
One-third of our class are girls.
I didn't have any long-term plans for my future.
The group of people were very open-minded and accepted our ways.
By: Cynthia Fu, Megan Nguyen, and Regina Ye
The Hyphen Song
We connect adjectives
Numbers and fractions too
Before a suffix
And after a prefix
Syallble dividing and line breaks
Also preventing confusion too
To the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands"