Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Marketing Environment
- They provide the resources needed by the company to produce its goods & services.
- Marketers must gain strategic advantage by positioning their offerings strongly against
competitors’ offerings in the minds of consumers
1) Demographic Environment
B. Macro environment
- It consists of factors that affect consumer purchasing power and spending patterns
2) Economic Environment
- It involves the natural resources that are needed as inputs by marketers or that are affected by marketing activities.
3) Natural Environment
- Forces that create new technologies, creating new product & market opportunities.
However, every new technology replaces an older technology.
4) Technological Environment
What is marketing environment ?
It’s the forces, variables and pressures outside the marketing department that affect marketing management’s ability to build and maintain successful relationships with target customers.
These forces create either an opportunity or a threat for the company.
In designing marketing plans, marketing management takes into account other company
groups such as (finance, research & development, purchasing and accounting).
- Most marketers today treat their suppliers as partners in creating & delivering customer value.
- Marketing managers mustn't depent only on one supplier . ( 3'adaren )
3) Marketing Intermediaries
- They help the company to promote, sell, and distribute its products to final buyers.
Distribution channel firms that help the company find customers or make sales to them.
b. Physical distribution firms
c. Marketing services agencies
d. Financial intermediaries
They are classified into
- The most important actors because the aim of the entire value delivery system is to serve
target customers and create strong relationships.
a. Consumer markets
b. Business markets
c. Reseller markets
d. Government markets
e. International markets
to buy at profit
- The study of human populations in terms of size, density, location, age, gender, race,
occupation, and other statistics
- Changing Age Structure of the Population
a. Baby Boomers : The post-World War II baby boom , born between 1946 and 1964 (gedo & teta )
b. Generation X : The baby boom was followed by a people born between 1965 and 1976. ‘baby busters.’ ( Baba w Mama )
c. Millennial ( Generation Y ). Born between 1977 and 2000, these children of the baby boomers
- They were comfortable with technology (e7na)
- Value marketing—just the right combination of product quality and service at a fair price
- Income distribution—over the past decades, the rich have grown richer, the middle class has shrunk, and the poor have stayed poor.
- Trends in the natural environment:
1. Shortages of raw materials
2. Increased pollution
3. Increased government intervention
- As products & technology become more complex, the customers need to know that they are safe.
5) Cultural Environment
- It is made up of institutions and other forces that affect a society’s basic values, perceptions, preferences, and behaviors.
a. Core beliefs and values are passed on from parents to children , ex: Honest , praying , loyality
b. Secondary beliefs and values are more open to change
ex: el 7azaza
Responding to the Marketing Environment:
- There are three kinds of companies:
1) Proactive - ely 3la wad3aha
2) Reactive - betel7a2 nfsaha
3) Uncontrollable - el brotta