Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Google Chromecast
Marketing/ Pros & Cons
How to use
Future of Chromecast
2008: Rocketshop partners with Roku to create Netflix access through new Roku device.
2007: Apple releases the first Apple TV
How to use Chromecast
The Start, The Present, & The Future of
Future of Chromecast
3 Part Plan
1) Bring Chromecast to international markets
2) Make the software development kit available to developers
3) Partner with major electronics manufacturers to bring cast functionality to devices
Broken up sections
Tabs on top of page
Cheaper than competitors
Set up in 3 easy steps
Media is streamed from clouds
Automatically updates apps
Limited streaming content choices
Not battery powered
Future of Streaming Video
Netflix CEO, Reed Hastings,believes that Internet TV will overtake linear TV with the help of DIAL
multiscreen technology that helps mobile and connected devices to discover each other
key component of Chromecast
Internet TV will utilize apps instead of channels
these apps will enable viewers to watch what they want to watch
Lastly, open up the Netflix app, touch the cast button, and watch your video
Plug in your Chromecast to the HDMI port in the back of your television.
First Streaming Media Device:
2011: Apple TV gets Airplay function.
Summer 2013: Chromecast is released
Next, connect your Phone or laptop to the Wi-Fi that is connected to your Chromecast .
Then, download the Chromecast app on your phone. If you are using your laptop, you will download the app from their website at www.google.com/chromecast/setup.
Download apps onto your phone or tablet that are compatible with google Chromecast, for example, Netflix.
Switch the input on your TV to the correct HDMI port. You will know that it is working if this screen pops up.
Next, Connect your Chromecast to your household wifi following the directions given.