Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Passive and Active Transport
Transcript of Passive and Active Transport
Passive Transport (continued)
The movement of molecules across a cell membrane with energy input from the cell.
Exocytosis is the release of substances out of a cell by the fusion of a vesicle with the membrane.
Endocytosis uses energy to bring materials inside the cell. This process forms a pocket around liquids or fairly large molecules in the cell throughout the cell membrane. Then it becomes a vesicle.
The movement of molecules across a cell membrane without energy input from the cell.
The movement of molecules from areas of higher concentration to areas of lower concentration until they are equally distributed
on either side of the
Osmosis is the diffusion of water.
Diffusion is like Kool-aid because of the way the Kool-aid powder distributes itself through the liquid. It diffuses into the liquid.