Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
History of Computer Engineering
Transcript of History of Computer Engineering
"IBM 5150 is a pain in the ass an heavy as hell." Xerox Alto First computers made 21st Century '90 Computer 70's computer The Difference Machine. Conceived in 1786 by J.H. Muller
Rediscovered in 1822.
How was this, so called computer, used?
25, 000 parts.
Weighed tons (13,600 kg) Zuse 01 The Z1 was invented in 1936 by Konrad Zuse.
Used to explore groundbreaking technologies in a calculator development.
By 1941, Zuse completed the Z2, which was first fully electronic programmable digital computer.
Contained parts of a modern computer.
Works like a calculator.
Reads punched tape.
Unreliable in operation. First computer designed for individual use.
First desktop, mouse driven, and keyboard use.
Great influence on designs.
Butler Lampson, Douglas Engelbart and Chuck Thacker.
Massive Upgrade. Suitable for homes.
First computer that introduced the floppy disk.
Some software available.
All code entry. Latest software
Multi-touch trackpad. That's all folks!