Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of foreshadowing
what will happen later in literature/music/and movies. For example In a scary movie, if someone says, "I'll be right back"
What does that usually mean will ACTUALLY happen? Yes, it is more than likely they will be eaten by a clown...or worse Before we jump into literature, let's practice with some movie clips first! "The Birds" by Daphne Du Maurier begins "On December the third the wind changed overnight and it was winter." The story's protagonist remarks, "there are more birds about than usual...And daring. Some of them taking no notice of the tractor. One or two gulls came so close to my head this afternoon I thought they'd knock my cap off"
What might this foreshadow? Bambi's mother warns him about the dangers of hunters and that he should never go in the meadow alone.
What might this foreshadow? If you have your detective hat on it can be fun to try to spot the clues! When we read stories from now on keep a critical eye out for hints of possible foreshadowing! What does the fact that he gave his little girl his invisible cloak foreshadow?