Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Call Numbers in the Library
Transcript of Call Numbers in the Library
- it's where the book lives. Think of the library as a school bus and the books as students who need to be picked up. If the bus driver doesn’t have any addresses, how will he or she find the students?
What would happen
if we put the books just anywhere on the shelves? You can think of the library in the same way. THE SECTIONS OF OUR LIBRARY Easy These are picture books for everyone to check out. Call numbers begin with E, followed by the 1st three letters of the author’s last name. Examples: E
SHA THE SECTIONS OF OUR LIBRARY Fiction These are chapter books
Call numbers begin with F, followed by the 1st three letters of the author's last name. Examples: F
SNI THE SECTIONS OF OUR LIBRARY Nonfiction These books are organized by the Dewey Decimal System. Call numbers range from 000 to 999, followed by the 1st three letters of the author’s last name. Examples: 398.2
WIL Why is it important to keep library books
in order? DISCUSS WITH YOUR TABLE: Why is it so important to use shelf markers?
Is it OK to put books on just any shelf in the library?
How can call numbers help me find books in the library?
Why can't I find books I'm looking for sometimes?