Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Muscular System
Transcript of The Muscular System
Identify the 11 main Muscles found in the body
Know the Roles of muscles in Movement and provide EXAMPLES of antagonistic pairs in action
3 Types of Muscles
Skeletal or Voluntary
Controlled by the person.
Cardiac or Heart
Contracts constantly and automatically.
Smooth or Involuntary
Found in the bowel, gut and internal organs, works automatically.
Biceps & Triceps
Flexion - Bicep contracts & Tricep relaxes
Extension - Tricep contracts & Bicep relaxes
Know the 3 TYPES of Muscle found in the body
Starter - Muscle for Movement
Q1. Which one of the following muscles is contracting to allow the cyclist in the photo to flex his leg at the knee? (1 mark)
What muscle is straigtening the knee?
What muscle flexes the elbow joint?