Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Back to Basics
Transcript of Back to Basics
30th May 2010 "The Lord's Way of Caring"
The Plan of Salvation sends us away from the presence of God
So neither Heavenly Father nor his Son can be present here on Earth
To be present would compromise the plan Fact: How does Heavenly Father care for his children?
He asks us to care on his behalf
He sends his Son as an example to show us how to care for each other
THE LORD’S PLAN OF CARING:
To care for each other is part of the plan
As we care we become Christ-like Being imperfect, we need structure:
Visiting teaching It is all about... CARING! “The quality of mercy is not strain’d;
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blessed:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.”
Shakespeare TWICE BLESSED:
1) Provides care to those cared for
2) Expands the souls of those who care How do you think the Oxford Ward currently care for one another? We are a schizophrenic ward! I feel impressed to speak to you about a priesthood program that has been inspired from its inception—a program that touches hearts, that changes lives, and that saves souls; a program that has the stamp of approval of our Father in Heaven; a program so vital that, if faithfully followed, it will help to spiritually renew the Church and exalt its individual members and families. Ezra Taft Benson describes Home Teaching: (I am sure that this applies to Visiting Teaching) It is (Priesthood) compassionate service.
It is how we express our faith in practical works.
It is one of the tests of true discipleship.
It is the heart of the activation effort of the Church
Therefore is it too much of a jump to say that true discipleship requires us to be caring Home and Visiting Teachers? Let us collectively: For of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation. Doctrine and Covenants 82:3 Home Teaching
The Lords way of caring We Care I Care I am trying to be like Jesus Faith Hope Charity Love Virtue Dilligence Knowledge Patience Humility Obedience This is not about
programmes This is not about
statistics This is about... Trying to be like Jesus Repent
Resolve to be dilligent in our caring Feels Like... Looks Like... Sounds Like... Have names (of those you visit) in your scriptures,
Prayer is the key
Invite to Sunday lunch
Visit the Temple together
Build friendship by knowing and serving
Seek her/him/them out at church 6 Practical Ideas