Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Air Pollution Assignment
Transcript of Air Pollution Assignment
& 3 human causes of air pollution Primary air pollutants are released from a source that is released into the air in a harmful form where as secondary pollutants are produced by two or more primary pollutants. Carbon Monoxide:
A colorless, odorless, toxic flammable formed by incomplete substitution of carbon. Carbon monoxide effects humans by stopping the oxygen running through the body.
Ground level ozone:
Ozone is a constitute of the troposphere.
A heavy, bluish-grey, soft, ductile metal that is poisonous. If eaten it can kill someone.
A reddish-brown poisonous gas used in the manufacture of nitric acid. Nitrogen dioxide effects the lungs.
A small discrete mass of solid or liquid matter that it remains individually dispersed in gas or liquid
A colorless pungent toxic gas formed by burning sulfur in the air. Sulfur dioxide effects the windpipe that makes air travel to the lungs. What is the effect air pollution has on the environment. Air pollution effects the environment like:
- If sulfur dioxide reaches water in clouds the rain turns into acid rain
- Nitrogen effects water which harms the soil and water which affects plant growth and drinking water.
- Long term effects with particulate matter can cause lung cancer, heart disease, and damage to the brain, kidneys, liver and nerves. And it can effect unborn children. What has the government done to stop air pollution and what else they should do The government has done these following things:
- Improving fuel quality
- Carbon tax
- Reducing vehicles and industrial emissions
- Reducing dust emissions from mining areas
- Making more efficient wood heaters and providing educational materials for their correct operation How we make air pollution and how we can prevent it How we make air pollution:
- Using electricity
- Driving/ using vehicles
- Wood burning
Ways we can stop it:
- Walk or use a bike
- Saving electricity
- Take public transport or carpool Here are 3 human causes of air pollution
1) Burning fossil fuels
3) Cars Definitions and effects for different types of air pollution