Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Laurence Shames, The More Factor
Transcript of Laurence Shames, The More Factor
vacant space- economic promise
-free land that made the democratic type of society in America
-"freedom of the individual to rise under conditions of social mobility"
-Americans have to transition from the expectation of automatic gains
-frontier in America= growth, expanse, opportunity
-concept/promise of the frontier- fads and fashions.
-endless and fertile
nostalgia in the 80's
-greed, narrowness, need for joy
-inherited the habit of more
-"The luckiest generation"
-had to realize that people don't always get richer every year
-Speculators making towns in the middle of nowhere to create large returns & America would just keep booming
-American hunger for more toys, land, opportunities is part of our hisotry and character
frontier; opportunity; more.
growth is applied to things that can be counted, weighed, measured
-not running out of wealth or opportunities, but running out of more
-productivity growth & national debt
"For Millions of breadwinners, the American dream is becoming the impossible dream"