Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How My Brother Leon Brought Home a Wife
Transcript of How My Brother Leon Brought Home a Wife
Reported by: Ian Juario "How My Brother Leon Brought Home A Wife" How my brother Leon brought home a wife The Author --> is a story about a man who comes home to his province to introduce his wife from the city to his family. Characters: * Leon/Noel - husband of Maria. The protagonist because he is the leading and the main character of the story.
* Maria - the wife of Leon from the city. Protagonist, she’s one of the major character.
* Baldo - the younger brother of Leon.
* Labang - the bull, Leon’s pet. In the story... Leon arrived with his wife in the country meeting Leon's brother for the first time. They took a surprising route home for Leon, but it was meant as a test for the wife to see if she could endure the sacrifices she made and meet her new family. Theme: To endure journey sacrifice is necessary. In order to achieve success we must be strong enough, show determination, be patient on whatever difficult event or situation you have and you must have to sacrifice just to be happy. Try and try for you to succeed. Symbol in the story: The rocky road in which the rock symbolizes struggles, difficult, full of obstacles or problems on an adventure towards reaching once destination. The End... Thank you for listening... This short story won first prize in the Commonwealth Literary Contest in 1940. Along their way home, Maria discovered the characteristic of the life in Nagrebcan as opposed to their life in the city where she met and fell in love with Leon. Even though Maria was afraid that the father of Leon may not accept her to be his daughter-in-law because she may not able to cope the life in province, she was still determined to continue their journey to their way home because of her love to Leon. Then, as they reach to their house, Leon ask her mother if where is his father. Then his mother replied and said that his father was in his room, complaining about his legs. Meanwhile, Leon's father called Baldo and ask about their trip. As Baldo continue to talk about Maria and their journey, his father was silent and decided to put the roll of tobacco on the windowsill as the the smoke waver faintly upward from the lighted end and vanish slowly into the night outside. Then, his father spoke and told Baldo that it is time to watered Labang. End of story. There are sacrifices that is worth in the end. >>Ian ^_^