Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Reading Seminar 2
Transcript of Reading Seminar 2
in Reading Instruction
in Teaching Reading
(Nooraihan Ali & Josefina Urbano)
1. General Love for Reading
- It aims to immerse the child in literature and
develop a deep and lasting
love for reading
The following should be considered:
1. The story should be appropriate to their age.
2. There should be unlocking of difficulties.
3. Children should be in one with the story.
2. Critical Thinking
- The children are trained to reflect
on the story. They will soon be
3. Mastery of the Structures of the Language
- Using the content of the story, the children
will be able to practice newly learned
language structures. In this manner,
the children will gain
mastery of the structures of the language
Grammar and Oral Language Development
4. Transfer Stage
- This are symptoms that will tell us that a child
is ready for beginning reading instructions,
1. Instead of the usual arrangement (order)
of letters in the alphabet, it starts with
m, s, a, i, o...
2. It starts with letter sounds rather than name
3. Small letters, then big letters
I - m, s, a, i, o, b
II - e, u, t, k, l, y, n, g
III - ng, p, r, d, h, w
IV - c, f, j, n, q, v, x, z
1. Introduce pictures that start with the sound of the letter.
2. Introduce the sound
3. Show the letter form of the sound
4. Show the letter
5. Writing the letter form in the air...
6. Writing the letter on the paper
7. Writing the initial sound of a word
8. Giving examples of things that start with the sound