Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CLA1401 Course outline
Transcript of CLA1401 Course outline
Jan 21/28 English and film in popular culture
Feb 4 Creative reading and writing: Poetry
Feb 18 Creative reading and writing: Fiction
Feb 25 English and performance
Mar 4 /11 Performance
Mar 18/25 English online
Apr 8 English in social interaction
Apr 15 /22 English in corporate contexts Attendance Full-time undergraduate students are expected to attend all classes. Excused absences require a medical certificate or other form of justification. Students with more than two unexcused absences will fail the course. Postgraduate students are similarly expected to attend all classes, and must justify their absences. More than two unexcused absences will result in a failing grade. Punctuality is also required, and students are expected to be in class for the entire session.
(Department of English)
Assignments 1. English autobiography (30 points, Feb18)
2. Trailers (30 points, Mar 11)
3. Wikipedia assignment (15 points, Apr 8)
4. Slogan campaign (15 points, Apr 22)
5. Participation (10 points) English autobiography The English Autobiography will consist of two sections: present and future. In the first part, students will reflect on the role of English in their daily lives. In the second part, students will have to imagine the role of English in their daily lives when they are a 35-year old. Students should choose ONE word as a heading that describes the role/place of English in their lives for the two sections (600 words).