Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Famous People of the 1930's
Transcript of Famous People of the 1930's
"Bonnie Parker. biography." Biography.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2014. <http://www.biography.com/people/bonnie-parker-9542045 >.
"Ella Fitzgerald." Oxford University Press, n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2014. <http://www.pbs.org/jazz/biography/artist_id_fitzgerald_ella.htm >.
Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum , n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2014. <http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/education/resources/bio_fdr.html >.
"Jesse Owens. biography ." Biography.com . N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2014. <http://www.biography.com/people/jesse-owens-9431142 >.
Jolley, Laura R., and Dan Viets. Walt Disney (1901-1966). N.p., n.d. Web. 2 Feb. 2014. <http://shs.umsystem.edu/historicmissourians/name/d/disney/>.
"Jul2, 1937: Amelia Earhart disappears ." This Day in History . N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2014. <http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/amelia-earhart-disappears >.
National Women's History Museum . N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2014. <http://www.nwhm.org/education-resources/biography/biographies/shirley-temple/ >.
• Daffy Duck is an animated cartoon character produced by Warner Bros. He appeared in cartoon series such as Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, where he usually is being depicted as the best friend and occasional rival of Bugs Bunny.
• Bugs Bunny is the modern American Trickster and the most famous star of the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons.Like many other characters (Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, etc), Bug's origins are unclear and lost in the midst of memory and time.
• Porky Pig is also a main character of the Merrie Melodies and Looney Tunes cartoons. Porky Pig's best known trait is the very severe stutter. PorkyPig was also kown for the farwell lie "Th-th-th-that's all oks!"at the end of each episode.
Ella Fitzgerald was a jazz singer who was discovered in an amateur contest in New York City in 1934.
Walter Elias Disney
Shirley Temple was born in 1928, and she had her debut at age six in
Stand Up and Cheer
She was a famous airplane pilot; she was the
first women to cross the Atlantic Ocean by airplane.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Thirty-second President of the United States (1933-1945)
Performance By Shirley Temple
Animator and Motion Picture Producer
Most influence came from Park Elementeary School in Missouri where he was influenced to draw animals and use his imagination.
Walt's biggest adventure was lying about his age to join the
Famous People of the 1930's
By: Raelee, Sammy, Koby, and Lindsey
Served for 12 years and four terms and was the only president ever to serve more than eight years
Led America out of the Great Depression and helped rebuild the american economy,
She appeared in many films during the Great Depression such as
After she made about 40 movies and 50 television shows, she retired from film making at the age of 17.
She was appointed United States Ambassador
to Ghana in 1974 and to Czechoslovakia in
Consistently rated by scholars as one of the top three U.S. Presidents, along with
Abraham Lincoln and George
Loony Toons Characters
Her performances included
in 1938, and
She pursued a solo carrer in jazz which resulted in a large international folowing.
Bonnie & Clyde
Adolf Hitler hoped that the 1936 Berlin Games would prove his theory of Aryan racial superiority. Instead, Owens’ achievements led the people of Berlin to hail him, an
African-American, as a hero.
They were American outlaws and robbers
from Dallas, traveling to central United States during the Great Depression.
He was an American track and field athlete that
competed in the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin,
She was also a lecturer, author, and an airline industry vice president.
On July 2, 1937, the Lockhead aircraft carrying Amelia Earhart and navigator, Frederick
Noonan, was reported missing in the Pacific
Their crimes and robberies came to a stop in 1930, when they died in a roadblock.
Since their death, their stories have been retold numerous times.
He won four gold medals: one in the 100 meter, the 200 meter, the long jump, and the 4x100 meter relay team.
The Jesse Owens Award, USA Track and Field's
highest accolade for the year's best track and
field athlete, is named after him, in
honor of his significant career.
Red Cross Ambulence Corps in Europe after World War 1.
Walt started his own company. His first big show/movie was Alice's Wonderland, but is known for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which was his first movie in his permanent buisness.