Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Hydraulic Fracturing
35,000 gallons of fluid contaminate Physics behind it 90 percent of natural gas wells are "fracked" Can extract more than just natural gas:
oil More effective when compared to a vertical drilling technique Lessens foreign dependency on fuels Increases domestic production of oil by 183,000 barrels per day 2 months Digging of a well laterally
Fractures from mini explosions within the casing
Fracking fluid pumped into wellbore
Filled with fracking fluid
Proppants keep fractures in place while water pumped out
Pressure causes natural gas to leak out through cracks
Pumped out and stored Precautions must be made in order to assure minimal damages Tyler Walsh