Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Mexican Revolution
Today he is considered as the Father of Mexico. October 30, 1810 Battle of the Monte de las Cruces -Did not want independence (royalist)
-Spanish authorities wanted Iturbide to lead
the last battle against the revolutionaries
-Iturbide believed he might lose some power, so he fought for the Mexican Independence. Agustin de Iturbide Mexico gains independence!!! Father Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla He gathered approximately 90,000 poor farmers and civilians to march across Mexico. They attacked and killed both Peninsular and American born Spanish elites. But Hidalgo's army lacked training and was poorly armed. Eventually, Hidalgo's army ran into a clan of 6,000 well trained and armed Spanish troops. Much of Hidalgo's army fled or was killed. Hidalgo himself was later executed by a firing squad on July 30, 1811. Hidalgo's army fought at the Battle of Monte de las Cruces with Spanish resistance and came out with a victory. Although they had won this battle, they did not defeat the Spanish in Mexico City. Battle of the Bridge of Calderon Jan. 1, 1811 The Spanish fought and defeated the ingurgent army in the battle of the Bridge of Calderon. Which forces the rebels to run twords the Mexican border in hope of escape. While on there way there Hidalgo and his soldiers crossed roads with the Spanish army. Hidalgo and his men were captured. This is part of the sypmtomatic stage because Hidalgo and his men have been captured by the Spainards and are left with no hope. Jose Maria Morelos June 1, 1813
After Hidalgo's death Jose Maria Morelos became the new leader of the revolutionary army. Morales Captured! Dec. 22, 1815 Jose Maria Morelos has been captured by the Spanish colonial authorities. He was then tried and executed for treason. Jan 1,1820 Three Part Proposal Iturbide created a three-part proposal and presented it to the leader of the revolution. 1. Mexico will gain independence, but be a monarchy.
2. Creoles and peninsulares will have equal rights.
3. Roman Catholic Church will be the official church of Mexico. "Viva Hidalgo!, Viva Morelos!, Vivan los héroes de la independencia!, Viva México! Viva Mexico! Viva Mexico!" Every Sept. 15th at 12:00 am. . . EL GRITO http://www.timetoast.com/timelines/mexican-war-of-independence--2
Textbook By: Karla Duran & Uriel Benitez