Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Syria (Mass killing of political protesters, 2011 - present)
Transcript of Syria (Mass killing of political protesters, 2011 - present)
• The government maintained a stranglehold on the internet and media.
• Protests were banned by the government. The government gave the police the authority to arrest anyone who was involved in these protests.
This violates Article 19 of Human Rights.
http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml Conditions prior to this mass killing March 16, 2011: The Syrian uprising began when 35 people were arrested at an "Day of Dignity" protest in Damascus. The Event The government responded on these protest by President Assad making a television interview.
• He said he promised to speed up reforms and he eliminated the emergency law (Giving forces the ability to open fire to calm the protests)
• He betrayed his words when he sent tanks and snipers to nine towns where protests persisted.
• He gave the authority for the firing of the tanks on unarmed protestors. Snipers fired from rooftops on residents who go outside.
This violates Article 13 of Human Rights. http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml The Event • The U.S became involved when they placed sanctions on President Assad.
• However the U.S cannot has no real decision on this situation.
• Western officials cannot act on Syria because the Arab league has not given them permission to. Sources Cited! "Timeline of Events: Uprising in Syria." Www.globalnews.ca. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Jan. 2013.
• "Q and A Syria Protests." BBC News. BBC@2012, June-July 2011. Web. <http://webpath.follettsoftware.com/resource/viewurl?encodedUrl=nyksLrFVtJi-9UbW173cmR8u1W-g4OEr4yKyIfi5RqQ&version=1&userGUID=808ACB18-BF30-4BE8-8E59-2D1536F9CC32&gv=1&gc=1083735084&appsignature=Destiny&appversion=10.5.6.0+%28RC6%29>.
Genocide Watch." Genocide Watch. International Alliance to End Genocide, n.d. Web. 05 Feb. 2013. By: Juan and Lora Syria (Mass killing of political protestors 2011- present) • Protest were rising and a really big protest broke out in the town of Deraa.
• Several teenagers had been placed in jail because they spray painted a slogan saying “The people want the fall of the regime."
This violates Article 10 of Human Rights. http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml
Residents wanted the release of these teenagers by calling out “God, Syria, Freedom”
Security forces opened fire on these people and killed many. The resistance continued and so did the killing. Http://images.alarabiya.net/36/6f/640x392_35797_147852.jpg. http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/06/syrian_government_accuses_rebe.html http://www.onislam.net/english/news/middle-east/455205-syria-opposition-agrees-transition-roadmap.html hey Juan! They call the conflict in Syria "The Next Genocide Of The World.
The "Alawites under the control of Bashar al-Assad have been commiting horrible massacres and crimes.
For example these rebel forces entered a school and killed dozens of children.