Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Creative and Therapeutic Activities
Transcript of Creative and Therapeutic Activities
The aim of this unit is to enable learners to develop knowledge, understanding and skills so they can plan and carry out creative and therapeutic activities in a health or social care environment. Learners will investigate legislation and regulations relevant to the implementation of creative and therapeutic activities and understand the role of the professional in supporting individuals who undertake these.
A therapeutic activity is an activity that :
Heals or improves ailments or diseases
Supports the healing of one's mental, emotional or physical health
Improves or maintains human function (i.e muscles, thought processes, etc)
Aids relaxation and alleviates stress
Creative activities in health and social care
A craft activity is an activity that is :
Driven by thought, imagination or emotions
Creating and conveying meaning
reative activities can be
ndeed this can also be
ndividual needs can be met
hrough a variety of activities
ou can plan in
What health and social care settings would you expect use creative and therapeutic activities ...... Discuss in small groups
In your groups think of a range of creative and therapeutic activities that could provide for one of the following settings ( I will allocate one per group )
special needs school
Day care /center
Discuss with class your ideas
1. Understand types of creative activities within health and social care.
2. Understand how creative activities meet the needs of individuals across the life span.
3. Understand the role of the health and social care practitioner in planning, implementing and reviewing creative activities within health and social care.
Complete a Halloween Activity plan