Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of DECATHLON
Strategies in Asia
To satisfy the Asian customers, they had to appeal new staff who didn't know the brand yet. Appealed it with sport values
China should represent 25 % of the Decathlon's turnover within 5 years, against 10% today
Control of all the production line for the lowest possible costs
Their mission is "to produce and sell under one roof the right choice of products for amateurs in 40 sports"
Stores in Asia
China: 137 (--> presence in China makes up for the failure of the US)
Hong Kong: 1
Singapore: 1st in January 2016
Decathlon stores in the world
Decathlon is one of the world's largest sporting goods retailers. Started with a store in Lille, France in
Expand abroad a decade later and today, there are more than
Employs more than
80 different nationalities
. The retailer stocks a wide range of sporting goods, from tennis rackets to advanced scuba diving equipment
Depositing and selling quality used sports equipment at the best price since 1986
Next Trocathlon depositing will be on March 2016, but it's possible to sell and buy during all year on the Internet
Contributed to the decline of
The Blue Price
the politics of the Satisfied or not
the signature of the Paper Fidelity'
a service Assistance Clients active 6 days on 7
the possibility to purchase the Paper Gift
the TROCATHLON, market of the used sporting
the guarantee of the lowest price
selling prices in France
Invented a model of
Has developed its own R&D
Two objectives that drive their merchandising:
Being "rapid shops"
To guarantee the "free good choice"
2005: Creation of the event which takes place each year in France.
Past winners: Quechua's 2 Seconds tent, Tribord's Easybreath snorkelling mask, etc..
2015 winner is the Aptonia's Double Use System
- the brand closed its last four stores in January, 2001
- difficulty of getting approval for the bestselling model
- extremely heavy administratives procedures
- 20% of the products that belonged to decathlon owned brands as opposed to the 50% it sells in France
- Stores too small
- Competitors specialized in different sports (fishing, hunting…)
Failure in Argentina
Brief appearence from 2000 till 2002
Quickly withdrew from the market
- Safety reasons
- The store wasn’t profitable enought
1988: First arriving of Decathlon's team which reached out the market by production activities of their brand and exportation
23/04/2001: First brasilian opening store in Campinas (east of Sao Paulo) with an innovative concept
2015: 10 stores