Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Outbreak
21st November 2017
To know how disease is spread
How do you get rabies and what is it like?
1. Direct contact
Direct contact means that the disease-causing microbe is passed from one person to another when their bodies touch in some way.
Vertical transmission happens when microorganisms pass from a mother to her unborn baby. German measles can pass this way.
Horizontal transmission happens when microorganisms pass from one person to another by touching, kissing or sexual intercourse.
Two ways diseases spread
Indirect contact happens when microorganisms are carried to a person in some way, instead of by actual body to body contact.
Vehicle-borne transmission involves an object carrying the disease-causing microorganism.
2. Indirect contact
Now, we check our environment
Choose a disease and say:
4. How is/can it be stopped?
Make a 1 minute presentation