Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Fundamental Concepts of Acoustics
Transcript of Fundamental Concepts of Acoustics
What is a wave?
A wave is a disturbance or deviation from a pre-existing condition.
Characteristics of a wave
Waves are carriers of energy, momentum and angular momentum.
Time plays a vital role.
All mechanical waves travel in a material medium.
The wave movement takes place at finite speed.
There is no shape or form restriction.
How do longitudinal waves propagate?
There are two main types of waves
Rarefactions : Pressure and density of the molecules are LOWER than when no wave is passing .
Compressions : Pressure and density of the molecules are HIGHER than when no wave is passing .
Wavelength, Wave Number, Wave Propagation Velocity, Frequency