Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Fundamental Concepts of Acoustics
Transcript of Fundamental Concepts of Acoustics
What is a wave?
A wave is a disturbance or deviation from a pre-existing condition.
Characteristics of a wave
Waves are carriers of energy, momentum and angular momentum.
Time plays a vital role.
All mechanical waves travel in a material medium.
The wave movement takes place at finite speed.
There is no shape or form restriction.
How do longitudinal waves propagate?
There are two main types of waves
Rarefactions : Pressure and density of the molecules are LOWER than when no wave is passing .
Compressions : Pressure and density of the molecules are HIGHER than when no wave is passing .
Wavelength, Wave Number, Wave Propagation Velocity, Frequency