Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Adverbs
SLOW - SLOW
DANGEROUS - DANGEROUS
BEAUTIFUL - BEAUTIFUL
Adjetivo Advérbio Advérbio
deep deep (a long way down) deeply (greatly)
easy easy (slowly, gently) easily (without difficulty)
free free (without cost) freely (with freedom)
hard hard (with a lot of effort) hardly (scarcely, barely)
high high (a long way up) highly (very much)
last last (after all the others) lastly (finally)
late late (not early) lately (recently)
near near (close) nearly (almost)
wrong wrong (not correctly) wrongly (unjustly)
muda para –
: gentle -> gent
muda para -
: easy -> eas
: automatic -> automatic
muda para –
: true -> tr
: full -> fu
Posição na Frase: PE
Time (tempo): Início da frase.
we usually go to the beach.
Frequency (Frequência): No meio
for groceries on Saturday mornings.
late for work.
Manner, Place, Time (Modo, Lugar e Tempo): Final
She took the child
I spoke to him
Posição dos Advérbios:
Se houver dois ou mais advérbios, a ordem deles será:
Modo + Lugar + Tempo
well at the party yesterday
Quando o verbo indicar movimento ou direção, o advérbio é colocado logo depois do verbo, ficando a sequência assim:
Lugar + Modo + Tempo
to school by bus every day
Quando houver dois ou
mais advérbios do mesmo tipo
ficará mais próximo do verbo aquele que
contiver a informação mais específica:
The Brazilian abolition of slavery occured
on May 13, in 1888.
Se forem dois ou mais advérbios de modo, o mais curto virá antes do mais longo:
They were dancing
Os advérbios adicionam informações sobre um verbo, um adjetivo, um outro advérbio, um particípio ou uma oração completa. Descrevem ou modificam (limitam o significado de) essas palavras.
What's an ADVERB?
careful in fog.
Jane doesn't drive
What is more, Jane is always so
prepared to a trip, too.
, I can't know everything about her.
Gambit: Intensifying Expressions - Indeed x At All (Adverbs)
Indeed = really or certainly:
Usamos para enfatizar algo
Indeed, it could be the worst environmental disaster in Western Europe this century.
Evidence suggests that errors may indeed be occurring. We live in strange times indeed.
Mainly UK - Many people are very poor indeed.
At All = in any way or of any type: (used to make negatives and questions stronger)
He's had no food at all.
I haven't been at all well recently.
I'm afraid I've got nothing at all to say.
Is there any uncertainty at all about the way she died?
Why bother getting up at all when you don't have a job to go to?
1. HE WASN'T EXPECTING TO BE LOCKED INSIDE THE STORAGE ROOM __________________.
2. HE THOUGHT THAT GOING OUT THE WINDOW WAS VERY SCARY _________________.
3. WHEN SHE SAW HIM ON THE SAVOY HOTEL WALL, SHE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS GOING ON __________________.
4. THE VASE HE STOLE WAS _________________ VERY VALUABLE.
5. THE GUEST LADY HAD NO IDEA THAT THERE WAS A STRANGER IN HER ROOM ________________.
1. A LOT OF GUESTS WERE WALKING
IN THE GARDEN BEFORE THE PARTY.
2. SPECKLES, ONE OF THE GUINEA PIGS, CAN SPEAK ENGLISH
3. THE GUINEA PIGS USED VERY (
4. THE MAN WHO DARWIN, THE GUINEA PIG, WAS OBSERVING WAS WEARING
5. THEY CAN SWIM UNDER THE OCEAN
6. THEY COMMUNICATE BY GIVING EACH OTHER
INFORMATION TO SYNCHRONIZE THEIR MISSION.
7. DARWIN WAS A LITTLE
DURING THE MISSION.
8. JUAREZ LOOKED
SEXY TO DARWIN'S EYES.