Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Curiosity Mars Rover Landing Sequence
Transcript of Curiosity Mars Rover Landing Sequence
Cruise Stage Separation
Activate Sky Crane
Landing Sequence for the
Mars Curiosity Rover
LANDED ON MARS
After an eight-month journey to Mars, success for NASA’s Curiosity rover hinged on a few crucial moments. When curiosity began its seven-minute fall through the wispy atmosphere at 05:24 UTC on 6 August, Mission scientists on Earth could do nothing but wait and hope for the signal that the six-wheeled remote laboratory had landed safely.
Heat Shield Separation
Back Shell Disengages
Begin Powered Descent
Curiosity Rover Touches Down
on Martian Soil
Entry Into Atmosphere