Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The seminoles
The Seminoles lived in the everglades or in southeast Florida. The Seminoles headquarters is located in the northern everglades.
Traditional men's roles
Some of the traditional men's roles are hunting and farming. They hunt deer, turkey, rabbit, and alligator.
A chickee was built on stilts about 3 feet above ground, so that it would not flood. It had no walls so breezes could blow through because it got hot in the everglades.
To pass time the Seminole did bead work, woodcarving, and basket weaving. Some materials used for bead work are shells, coral, turquoise and other stones, copper and silver, wood, amber, ivory, and animal bones, horns, and teeth
The Seminole's origin story is "Turtles Race With Wolf." In the story wolf treated turtle. Because turtle was slow he called his six cousins and told them his plan to race wolf